SAFETY AND PRECAUTIONS.
Tanzania is generally a friendly, safe and stable country. Always when travelling take basic security precautions:
- Make sure you carry a record of your passport number, air line ticket, and credit card numbers and ensure they are kept safely.
- In public, never leave your personal items unattended.
- Avoid walking outside after dark and always ask your hotel about the safety of the location you want to visit.
- Do not carry large amounts of cash in your pocket.
- Beware of pickpockets and hawkers, especially at the bus stations.
- In the case of safety while on Safaris you don’t need to worry – your guide is trained to understand animal behavior and will ensure your physical safety from wild animals.F
Tanzania offers wonderful value for families and we can arrange a range of carefully selected destinations, camps, and safari lodges. Please keep in mind some of the lodges and camps do not take children under 12 years, however, we can advise you on the best options for your family safaris.
BEST TIME TO TRAVEL
You can travel to Tanzania at any time of year, there is always somewhere game viewing is good. However for the best wildlife viewing, visit during the months of December through February, and July through September.
If your interested in something more specific, for example birds, then you will choose the wetter months.
|Late March – Late May||The long rain season and it is not crowded on safaris|
|July – October||Dry season and high peak season for tourism|
|Late October – November||Short rain season and usually few tourists|
|December – March||Its summer season ad most clients came for Wildebeest Migration|
- ATM’s and currency exchange are found throughout Tanzania’s major city centers.
- The currency is Tanzania’s shilling, though US dollars and Euros are acceptable in many places and convenient – please note that US dollars bills printed before 2003 are not accepted in Tanzania.
- Travellers cheques (checks) are not recommended.
- Visa and Master card are accepted at some lodges and large shops. Please call your credit card company prior to departure and advise them about your traveling date, authorize charges within travel dates and set a max transaction limit.
- To be on safe side bring enough US dollars to cover any additional expenses
People in Tanzania are welcoming and friendly, however, be sensitive when photographing. Its courtesy to ask for permission before taking any photo.
HEALTH, INSURANCE, TRAINING FOR KILIMANJARO CLIMBERS, FLIGHTS, PASSPORT & VISAS
The links below will give you detailed information on each of these topics:
- Passport & Visa